Apply for the
Utility Proposal Manager position
"*" indicates required fields
The Technical / Proposal Manger is responsible for coordinating and preparing commercial offers in compliance with the client’s requirements response specifications and company policy. They will be responsible for the execution and production of proposals, RFP/RFI responses and participating as a member on the overall commercial operations team. That includes writing, document proofing, team scheduling and coordination, knowledge sharing and upkeep of data in their respective systems. The Technical Manager will produce the assigned deliverables within the designated timeline, quality parameters, corporate approval procedures, commercial/bid strategy and client/RFP requirements. The Technical Manager will work closely with the assigned Commercial Leader, Product Management, Sales personnel, and other functional stakeholders to ensure all portions of the response meet deadlines while maintaining quality standards. The Technical Manager may be tasked to lead or support process improvement initiatives or other organization efforts within the Commercial Operations team to ensure consistency and continuity throughout the Commercial Operations organization.
- Structure, develop, write, and edit proposals and proposal responses sections, while building the response around the RFP/Client requirements, in a creative, compelling, and compliant manner.
- Serve as the central ComOps point of contact for all project opportunity requests for RFI/RFQ/RFP/Proposals/Quotes
- Conduct weekly operations review meetings and ensure documentation is logged in the system appropriately
- Maintain data to track all developments of the opportunity activities.
- Schedule meetings, develop and issue assignment and response schedules, following up with content providers, and monitor timelines/deadlines to ensure timely proposal completion and submittal
- Manage and maintain proposal files.
- Write, copy and lay out proposal/quote document, ensuring that final product is properly edited, proofread and formatted.
- Prepare all proposal documents for production, binding, mailing and shipping to meet customer/RFP due dates
- Complete pre-qualification documentation processing.
- Facilitate post-proposal submission clarification requests/assist Commercial Lead in obtaining responses for timely turnaround.
- Performs other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required.
- 3 – 8 years’ experience in discerning and executing RFP solicitations with previous experience in business development tracking, proposal coordination and development within a technical organization. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in developing response documents for RFPs, proposal templates, proposal schedule and experience facilitating storyboarding and management reviews
- Experience in writing content for proposals by working with/interviewing subject matter experts from different areas of the company to develop the content.
- Knowledge working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM
- Experience working with Visio\MS project helpful
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong organization capabilities
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong technical skills, preferred
- Ability to work with short deadlines
- Proficient in MS skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, CRM, etc.)
- Must be comfortable working in both support and lead roles.
- Must pay close attention to details and be very proactive
- Ability to understand and work in a technical and complex environment
- Must have the tenacity to resolve issues and meet the customer needs
- Must work well with others and be a professional team player.
- Project management skills
- Needs to have flexibility to occasionally work off hours to meet RFP response timelines.
- Ability to multi-task, work on a variety of assignments concurrently and shift work due to reprioritization.