Apply for the
VP Sales – Smart Grid / Smart City position
"*" indicates required fields
VP Sales – Smart Grid / Smart City
Our client is a leader in smart grid and smart city solutions who provide end-to-end communications solutions with applications to enable smart metering, energy efficiency, distribution automation, and renewable energy resources. The VP of Sales is an executive level position responsible for leading company sales efforts and activities throughout the Canadian geographical region. This position will have responsibility for expanding our smart grid and smart city solution portfolio of solutions into new markets and customers.
This position is responsible for achieving annual business performance targets including bookings as determined collaboratively with the Managing Director for the region. We are looking for a seasoned professional who is committed to winning and leveraging their energy industry contacts.
ESSENTIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Full responsibility of sales operating plan for the region, working both directly with customers as well as utilizing partners and internal stakeholders.
- Utilize industry experience and knowledge of market to prioritize opportunities and develop strong vertical relationships within target utilities, developers, and strategic partners
- Understand competitive environment and competitor offerings in order to develop sales strategy
- Assist in the identification and development of strategic relationships with regulators, market-related associations, organizations, trade groups and other industry influencers to improve position in market
- Assist in developing and refining the go to market plan for business
- Represent as a senior sales executive at conferences, client meetings, and other public forums
- 10+ years of successful performance in handling complex, multi-faceted, direct large account customers – e.g. government, system integration engagements, Telecommunications, Utilities
- Detailed understanding of the Utilities and Energy regulatory process
- Ideal candidates bring a range of customer and partner relationships within the Utilities and development industries
- Well-organized, creative, strategic thinker equally capable of tactical execution and driving results
- Extensive experience selling to and presenting to senior level customers
- Customer-centric mindset, able to translate customer issues/needs into profitable business solutions
- Experience successfully introducing a new company/product/service into new and relevant markets
- Ability to articulate vision and value to utilities, customers, channel partners, and end users; to differentiate the company from competitors
- Exceptional relationship-orientation, with a robust track record of closing deals
- Conceptual knowledge of: Utility and Municipal services, Metering, AMI, Smart Grid, Edge Computing, Analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree an asset. MBA or other post graduated qualifications preferred.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed; teamwork and strong interpersonal skills are critical
- Must possess experience working in a fast-paced, results oriented culture
- Relationship development skills to forge positive and lasting relationships with key value chain partners, including external utility clients and distribution channels
- Positive attitude, persistent, and track record of personal accountability. Committed to winning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to travel in Canada and limited USA.